Save the takeout guy a trip and make this instead.
- kosher salt
- 8 oz. pad thai noodles
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 lb. shrimp
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/2 c. roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook noodles until tender, 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add bell pepper and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Push the shrimp and vegetables to one side of the pan and pour in the egg. Scramble until just set then mix with the shrimp mixture.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss until combined. Pour in the lime juice mixture and toss until the noodles are coated.
- Top with green onions and roasted peanuts.