27 Comfort Foods That Are Actually Good For You
1. 15 Minute Sesame Ginger Noodles
2. Quinoa Fried Rice
A higher protein, more filling version of fried rice. Recipe here.
3. Cauliflower Crusted Grilled Cheese
Sub the bread for cauliflower and you have a carb-free grilled cheese that’s just as delicious. Get the recipe.
4. Spicy Chickpea Burgers
Dairy and meat free vegan burgers, seasoned with red wine vinegar with the peanut butter, Sriracha and cilantro. Recipe here.
5. Healthy Mac ‘N’ Cheese
This recipe uses butternut squash as well as cheese, and if anything that just makes this dish better. Get the recipe.
6. Chicken Nachos
Because why have tortilla chips when you can have chicken? Get the recipe.
7. Healthier Chocolate Brownies
Super fudgey brownies that you can eat as many as you want of. Get the recipe.
8. Paleo Sausage Egg McMuffin
Breakfast of champions. Get the recipe.
9. Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Amazingly enough, this won’t fall apart when you pick it up and is genuinely delicious! Get the recipe.
10. Cauliflower Tikka Masala
Curry night just got even better. Recipe here.
11. Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Lentil Chilli
Get in my belly now. Recipe here.
12. Healthier Carbonara Pasta
As much creamy, carby goodness as you want. Get the recipe.
13. Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagne
FYI, there are THREE CHEESES in this. Get the recipe.
14. Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
You may never go back to regular breadsticks after this. Recipe here.
16. Chicken and Avocado Burritos
Chicken and avocado are a match made in heaven. Recipe here.
17. Zucchini Crisps
Incredibly moreish. Get the recipe.
18. Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
Great for lunch, dinner or snacking. Recipe here.
19. Thai Butternut Squash Red Curry
Amazing with either rice or quinoa. Get the recipe.
20. Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
You’re welcome. Get the recipe.
21. Lettuce Wrapped Cheeseburgers
All the flavour, none of the carbs. Get the recipe.
22. Garlic and Romano Cheese Mashed Cauliflower
Sneak more veggies into your diet without even noticing. Get the recipe.
23. Fried Coconut Flour Doughnuts
Because there’s no way I’m giving up doughnuts. Recipe here.
24. Cauliflower Tater Tots
Can be eaten alone or used in casseroles. Recipe here.
25. Zucchini Fries
I’m a fries addict, but surprisingly, these zucchini fries are pretty great too! Recipe here.
26. Clean Eating Doritos
Yaaaaas. Get the recipe.
27. BLT Lettuce Wrap
If it’s got bacon in it, I’m happy. Get the recipe.